Photoshop Training Room
Bill Oldham: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photoshop SIG website: https://2014photoshopsig.wordpress.com/
The Photoshop SIG aims to present a new topic each month to meet requests from its members. This is followed up with a monthly challenge to encourage members to try out what they were shown at the SIG or that they read about on the SIG website.
In general the SIG tries to cover both Photoshop Elements (PE) and Photoshop (PS)
users. However, there may be times when a Photoshop feature is not part of Photoshop Elements.
In the May SIG
(1) We began with a demo of what you can do with some of the NIK effects available for free from Google (https://www.google.com/nikcollection/).
(2) Next we looked at how to use Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to make initial adjustments to an image before bringing it into PS or PE. We looked at how to use either Lightroom, PS, or PE to open an image in ACR.
(3) Then there was a demo of using the basic editing page in ACR to enhance an image.
(4) Lastly, we looked at how to make a selection and then what to do with it once we had selected it.
This month in June 2016
The topic for June is going to be an introduction to to the various selection tools in PS and PE and examples of ways that they can be used. Such as how to apply:
(1) a gradient to a selection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48dXz7eni4A)
(2) a texture to a selection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnB2NUIb1h0)
(3) a filter to a selection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9y-7_c5G1o)
(4) a stroke to a selection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcfyb04XHAE)
(5) change the colour of a selection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fwiNyDHLI)
(6) an image to fit inside a shape (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeVaYjcsz3E)
I hope that you have a chance to try these tutorials and share your experiences with each other at the June SIG meeting.
Photoshop one on one
If anyone wants to sit down with me for a one on one Photoshop session, please let me know. It’s BYOC. Please email me at email@example.com to arrange a time, if you interested.
Hope to see you there.